Massey University is ranked in the top 1.2% of universities worldwide and the University is highly rated in many subjects including engineering, veterinary science, visual arts and biological sciences.
Academic and research excellence
Massey University has a long and proud tradition of academic and research excellence. It is one of the best universities in the world for veterinary science, art and design and applied biological sciences. With campuses in three cities across New Zealand, Massey University foster and push for positive change for people and communities, taking their creativity and innovation to every corner of the globe.
Why choose Massey University?
Massey University is an internationally renowned university, with award-winning teachers, well-connected lecturers and world-recognised researchers who will help you succeed. It is ranked in the top 1.2% in the world in QS World University Rankings 2018, and offers a number of highly ranked degrees to choose from, including veterinary science, ranked 23rd in the world and art and design, ranked in the top 100 in the world in QS World University Rankings. The degrees are globally recognised and many have international accreditation.
Scholarships and study awards are available, so Auckland Foundation Year students who achieve exceptionally good marks may apply for these.
Massey University Rankings
- A 5 star plus rating across all categories: teaching, research, innovation, infrastructure and internationalisation (QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Veterinary Science ranked 23rd in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
- Agriculture ranked 22nd in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
- One of the top 100 Art and Design schools in the world (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
Massey University campus locations
You will be taught by award-winning teachers, well-connected lecturers and world-renowned researchers. Massey University offers outstanding student support services, research-led teaching and high-quality facilities.
Degrees and academic colleges
You can study for an internationally recognised degree at one of Massey’s five colleges:
- Business (includes Aviation)
- Creative Arts (includes Design)
- Health (includes Nursing, Food Technology, Sport Science)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (includes Education, Psychology, Arts)
- Sciences (includes Vet Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Sciences)
The University is highly rated in design, visual arts, public health and veterinary science, agriculture and other applied biological sciences.
One of the best universities for art and design
Massey University’s School of Design is New Zealand’s longest established design school. The College of Creative Arts recently celebrated 125 years of art and design education.
Many of the degree courses and schools at Massey are internationally accredited.
- Business School – in the top 2% globally. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Bachelor of Engineering – accredited by the Washington Accord and the Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ).
- Aviation – the first non-engineering degree to be recognised by the Royal Aeronautical Society and has ISO9001-2000 accreditation.
- Food Technology degree – has a 40-year track record. Massey is one of two universities outside the Americas, accredited by the US based Institute of Food Technologists (IFT).