About The Courtauld
- The Courtauld Gallery is home to one of the finest small art museums in the world and an innovative programme of exhibitions.
- One of the largest History of Art departments in the UK.
- Distinctive small group teaching (12:1 staff/student ratio).
- Renowned for breadth and depth of coverage – from antiquity to the contemporary and geographical range extends to early Christian Byzantium, early modern Persia and contemporary China.
- Research-led approach to teaching – The Courtauld lead the higher education sector for research quality and is ranked highest for History of Art (REF 2014).
- 94% of students are satisfied with their course (NSS 2015).
- 97% of graduates are in employment and/or further study within six months of graduating (HESA 2013/2014).
- The Courtauld has over 7,000 alumni, many of whom fulfil key roles as museum directors, curators, academics, conservators, critics, journalists, and various roles in the commercial art world. They include directors of the British Museum, the Tate, the Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York), and the National Gallery of Canada.