The University, established in 1904, is one of the largest higher education institutions in the UK. We are renowned globally for the quality of our teaching and research.
The strength of our academic expertise combined with the breadth of disciplines we cover, provides a wealth of opportunities and has real impact on the world in cultural, economic and societal ways.
The University strives to achieve academic excellence within an ethical framework informed by our values of integrity, equality and inclusion, community and professionalism.
Facts and figures
- Ranked in the top 10 universities in the UK | The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- We're ranked in the top 10 universities in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2019
- Named the University of the Year 2017 | The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017
- We're a member of the Russell Group of universities
- Twice winner of the Queen's Anniversary Prize
- We're a top 10 university for research power in the UK according to the most recent Research Excellence Framework
- Our staff have been awarded 26 National Teaching Fellowships – more than any other university
- In the National Student Survey 2018, 88% of final year Leeds students said they were satisfied or very satisfied with the course - five points above the national average
- We're in the top 100 universities in the world | QS World University Rankings 2019