In 1823 a small institution was founded that was to revolutionise education in Liverpool and provide opportunities for the working people of the city.
Reasons to choose LJMU
- We make our home in what The Times of London described as ‘the coolest place to live in the UK’ and we can’t wait to welcome you to Liverpool
- You will be surrounded by diversity in Liverpool. The city is home to Europe’s oldest Chinatown, for example, and its Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, Somalian and Nigerian communities are just a few of the other nationalities that are well established in Liverpool – as the many places of religious worship across the city reflect
- Throughout your application we will take great care to make sure you have all the information and support you need to plan for your studies at LJMU. This includes advice on immigration procedures, travel, accommodation or any other information you might need
- Purple flag accreditation means Liverpool is a safe place to enjoy socialising at night
- Liverpool has more galleries and museums, including Tate Liverpool and the Museum of Liverpool Life, than any other city outside London and boasts outstanding architecture around virtually every corner
- Liverpool’s world-famous waterfront is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, like the Great Wall of China and the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt